At Lake Park Tool, LLC and Kind Special Alloys we work hard to support our customers in the steel and aluminum industries. We’re seeking a qualified sales representative to help us sell the products and services that our customers have grown to rely on. The sales representative will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and the ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way. Often tasked with giving presentations, attending networking events, and attending trade shows, it’s essential that our sales rep be personable and professional.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics
- Generate leads and build relationships planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain working relationships with existing clients to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential new sales opportunities
- Identify appropriate prospects, set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls, and manage sales cycle to close new business in all service categories offered
- Possess in-depth product knowledge and be able to conduct demos and relay objection handling
- Prepare professional, complete, concise, and accurate reports, proposals, booking packages, and other documentation as required for executive-level presentations
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with potential buyers, often utilizing product demos and presentations
- Coordinate with other sales reps to ensure company quotas and standards are being met, performing market research and regular competitor monitoring
Skills and Qualifications
- 0-3 years in sales or business experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM
- Personal integrity
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time to customers and events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
- Ability to balance persuasion with professionalism
- Strong organizational skills
- A self-directed learner that is results-driven and goal-oriented
- The ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication, as well as strong active listening skills.
- The ability to overcome adversity and respond favorably to changes in scope, timelines, and day-to-day activities.